Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Where I-Division is, and Where I Plan to Take It

As all of you already know, I am Wavebossa, the leader of I-Division. As most of you don't know but probably could have guessed, I am working solo ATM. I-Division is part of a whole, ICU Gigasoft, a little organization my friends and I started in 2004 to make role playing games off of rpg maker (we were pretty avid rpg fans), but things never really took off the way we wanted.

Back then, our flagship project was Da Runna (working title). It was a revolutionary game that used the rpg maker 2k3 system to make a racing game. I-Division headed the project, and in turn it was my job to make sure everything went according to plan. Back then I-Division was a solid 4 members strong, and ICU Gigasoft as a whole was reaching double digits (9 to be exact). I put a lot of work into that project (insanly hard to program custom racing AI, making ALL the character designs, and making the GUI).

Unfortunately our plan never came to fruition. We were eventually beaten by the limitations of rpg maker 2k3 (In race speed changing, key input processes overriding other events, etc, etc). After DA Runna failed, we lost momentum, and our team members no longer wanted to work on other projects. Before we knew it, ICU gigasoft was down to its 4 core members. Since then, we have evolved to suit our individual specialties. While C-Division and U-Division specialize greatly in RPG maker, I have personally taken upon myself to switch I-Division's main focus to mugen.

This doesn't mean that I do not work on work on other things like my comic and from time to time, rpg games. But it is very hard to make an rpg game by yourself, especially if you have grand designs like myself.

So what is the point of this post? It bascially comes down to this. This is a recruitment call.

What Am I looking For?
-Persons who are well versed in the world of Mugen (coding tips and such)
-Capable Sprite Editors
-Advisors for upcoming projects

I'm a pretty straightforward worker and I enjoy doing things solo, but at the same time, you can only perfect a project through other's advice and input. If anyone who reads this becomes interesting, we can discuss this further.

E-mail me at wavebossa13@gmail.com if interested, and thanks for your time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.