Friday, January 25, 2008

Fruits of My Labor

Due to my inability to stay focused on one thing for too long, my 7 hour work block turned into a 5 hour work block, but needless to say, it was productive.

In that time, I finished "Final Editing" for K'oss standing, walking (forward and backward), jumping, and crouching sprites. In addition to that, I did the same for the Fury version. All of this amounted to about 70 or so sprites, so I was very happy.

Spriting wasn't the only thing I focused on during that time period. I also thought how I'm going to make fury mode stand out. As stated in the .74 pre-release document, Fury mode will not have that many moves that differ from the regular mode. So I needed a reason for players to choose Fury instead of wing, HH, or shield.

Well, that's when I used the already coded hit pausing installed in Fury Mode and expanded on it...

NEW IN '0.8

K'oss Fury Mode will now have the passive ability "Combo Burst." This is very similar to Smash chain combo-ing except that requires better timing and takes no special meter to perform.

How it Works? For just about every non-standard attack, if you hit the attack button once again at the right moment (think timed hits), you will unleash a fire burst attack.

However, this can deplete the Discharge bar. More on that later...

No comments: